Wine + Peace
Tim Sakhuja


Pinot Noir Nº1 Non-Vintage





Production Notes

A blend of two Mendocino vineyards across two vintages (2019 and 2020). 75% is from 2020 — early-harvested fruit from the coastal, high-elevation Manchester Ridge Vineyard. Nearly all of the fruit was destemmed with two punch downs per day. The remaining 25% is from 2019 — riper fruit from Filigreen Farm’s Home Block Vineyard (planted in 1946) just over the ridge in Anderson Valley. This fruit underwent whole cluster, semi-carbonic fermentation for 4 days, followed by gentle foot treading and punch downs for the remainder of fermentation. Four barrels produced. Total sulfur 33 ppm. 12% abv.

Pinot Noir Nº1 - Non-Vintage
This Pinot rips with tangy, graceful energy. Like getting your first tattoo or free soloing a monolith, it will make you feel startlingly alive. Dried plums and juniper berries.

Toshokan — which means library in Japanese — pays homage to winemaking as an act of curation. Having come of age amidst the New California Movement, Tim’s foundational wine drinking experiences came not from Europe, but rather from hometown heroes like Donkey & Goat and Matthiasson. (He would later go on to work for both producers.) As a result, the wines feel refreshingly self-assured, evoking a free-wheeling spirit of creativity and craftsmanship that’s grounded in the here and the now. Toshokan sources grapes throughout Northern California, primarily (soon to be exclusively) from organic sites. Cellar work is as rigorous as it is minimal, with purity and site expression as primary goals. All fermentations are spontaneous (no commercial yeasts) and only small amounts of sulfur are used.

Tim Sakhuja


Berkeley, CA

Check out wines from the same winemaker

Toshokan Carbonic Pinot Meunier 2021


Toshokan Skin Contact Ribolla Gialla 2020


Toshokan Syrah 2021


Toshokan Non-Vintage Nº1 Pinot Noir


Toshokan Linda Vista Chardonnay 2020